Founded in 1967, Setra Systems, Inc. is a leading designer and manufacturer of pressure, acceleration, and weight sensing devices. Setra has devoted its engineering and research efforts to the development of transducers and systems based on the highly accurate variable capacitive transduction principle.
Setra’s founders, Dr. Y.T. Li and Dr. S.Y. Lee, are Professors Emeritus of Engineering at MIT and the co–developers of the variable capacitance transduction principle, the innovative force sensing technology which is the heart of Setra’s products.
Setra is ANSI–ASQ ISO 9001:2008 certified through our registrar, National Quality Assurance (NQA). This prestigious certification requires Setra to maintain a documented quality system to ensure customer satisfaction through controlled design, manufacturing, and employee training programs.
Setra Technology Park owned by Setra Systems, Inc., is located on a scenic 23 acre site in Boxborough, Massachusetts. Setra’s building is approximately 100,000 square feet and houses the executive offices, sales offices, and manufacturing facilities. In addition, Setra has additional manufacturing capacity in China at our wholly owned subsidiary, Fortive Sensing Technologies.
With a dedication to lean manufacturing and ISO certification we’ve become a preferred partner for OEMs because we always strive to exceed our customers’ expectations. We do this by:
Understanding our customers’ needs and goals.
We employ a process we call “Voice of the Customer” (VOC) to get to the heart of the important issues, so your unique perspectives and requirements are fully understood early on. Only then do we launch design and manufacturing work.
Using a comprehensive methodology to ensure all critical parameters are achieved.
Our New Product Introduction Process identifies and resolves potential issues up-front, eliminates product and process variation, and ensures that you receive a high–quality product every time with:
- Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA)
- Process Capability Studies
- Gauge Capability Studies
- Six Sigma
Staffing our facility with dedicated experts.
Our experience allows us to:
- Run a lean manufacturing operation. Each of our finely tuned manufacturing cells is designed to get you the finest product available with the shortest lead times in the industry.
- Use cutting–edge manufacturing principles–including 5S , Visual Management , Standard Work and Kanban .
- Implement quality control at every stage. All Setra associates are encouraged to stop their process if they believe a potential quality problem exists. We implement an aggressive & continued training program to ensure our associates are well versed in the latest technologies, equipment and problem–solving applications.